Or in 日本語：http://nelseigo.com/bilearning.html
You may think it is better to learn English from a native English speaking teacher. Why?
- Native teachers speak the language perfectly.
- Native teachers have the native accent you hope to be able to copy.
- Native teachers can teach you cultural connotations and subtle nuances of their language such as in which situations to use ‘can’ or ‘may’.
- Native teachers can teach you useful idioms and slang that is commonly used.
- Native teachers can tell you what it is like in their country, and maybe even recommend places you should visit.
However, you may prefer learning English from a Japanese teacher. Why?
- Japanese teachers understand the language problems Japanese speakers have learning English as they have had them too.
- Japanese teachers can explain anything you don’t understand in Japanese to make sure you fully understand.
- Japanese teachers can explain grammar, and translate vocabulary easily.
- Japanese teachers know that some sounds such as ‘l’ and ‘r’ and ‘v’ are hard for you to hear and pronounce, and can help you overcome your difficulties.
- Japanese teachers have learnt English like you, so are your perfect role models to aspire to.
At NELS, we believe that our BI-LEARNING system of both native teachers and Japanese teachers working together will maximise your learning potential, ensuring that you understand EVERYTHING in your lesson, and ALWAYS leave having learnt something new.
In our system of 2x50min classes, one with a native teacher and one with a Japanese teacher, there is time for your questions to be answered, and material to be practised and reviewed. The usual one-lesson-a-week pattern used by other schools does not allow for this, and time between lessons is too long to efficiently progress. The 10-minute break between classes at NELS prevents brain fatigue, and allows you to relax and absorb your previous lesson’s material, so you feel refreshed to continue.
At NELS, we understand your busy schedule which is why, if you cannot attend 2 classes together, we have repeated classes later in the week.
We also follow a regulated weekly syllabus at NELS which maximises recycling of material and systematic progression to MAKE SURE you learn what has been taught rather than moving on too quickly where you never fully acquire the knowledge.
At NELS, we always start lessons with QUESTION TIME and REVIEW from the previous lesson to make certain you are not left behind.
Follow NELS’ BI-LEARNING system to understand more, learn better, and therefore learn and improve faster. Together we will help you on your journey to mastering NATURAL ENGLISH.
We make your English natural.